Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Declaration of Humanity...

People of the earth. The sky is open to the stars. Clouds roll over us night and day. Oceans rise and fall. Whatever you may have heard, this is our world, our place to be. Whatever you've been told, our flags fly free. Our heart goes on forever. People of Earth, remember...



1. I believe that human life is a most precious gift of God to each person. It should therefore be preserved and honored in all its stages.

2. Genuine love of neighbor implies respect of the person and his or her choices in matters of conscience and religion. It includes the rights of individuals and communities to practice their religion in private and public.

3. Religious minorities are entitled to be respected in their own religious convictions and practices. They are also entitled to their own places of worship and their founding figures and symbols they consider sacred should not be subject to any form of mockery or ridicule.

4. I affim that no religion and its followers should be excluded from society. Each should be able to make its indispensable contribution to the good of society, especially in service to the most needy.

5. I recognize that our one God and his creations in its plurality of cultures, civilizations, languages and peoples is a source of richness and should therefore never become a cause of tension and conflict.

6. I believe that the first commandment issued by our creator was to be fruitful and to multiply. Society in order to sustain itself requires a marriage between a man and a woman to be honored and charished for eternity.

7. I attest that I will do everything in my power from this day forward to not judge people based on their gender nor ethnic origin but the content of their character.

8. I will respect my family, my friends and my community and do everything in my power to see it thrive.

9. I believe I need to take immediate action to become more brotherly to others less fortunate than I. In order to accomplish this goal, I will pray, fast and be more charitable.

10. I will not exploit others because it is the politically correct thing to do or worry about perceptions. I will however focus on the reality and observe the current state of humanity and reflect on how not only I am part of the problem but can also be part of the solution.

No comments: